跟著雞蛋走 Follow the eggs
十二月十六日 星期日 晨霧後晴
很久沒在雞舍撿到雞蛋了.
I have not collected any eggs in the chicken coop for quite a long while.
是雞太老不再生蛋?
Were the ladies too old to lay eggs no more,
還是天氣太冷暫停生蛋?
or was it too cold to lay eggs just for now?
清晨我去前次撿到雞蛋的草地上搜巡.
Early morning, I went searching in the grass where I picked up an egg few days ago.
果然找到一堆雞蛋和一隻母雞在抱蛋.
I found a hen sitting there seriously with couple eggs around at last.
我伸手撿拾牠身邊的蛋, 驚擾了牠.
She was terribly disturbed when I got those eggs.
又是一隻母雞抱蛋.
Here came one more sitting hen.
自從大公雞走了之後, 目前我們僅剩烏骨公雞一隻.
Ever since the big rooster has gone, we got only one rooster left right now.
不知這母雞結婚了沒?
I don't know if this lady married or not?
棄蛋. Rejected eggs.
晨霜覆蓋. All covered with morning frost.
瞪視. Stared at me.
你結過婚了? Are you merried?
烏骨雞夫婦. White silkies.
留言
母雞抱蛋,農家就沒有雞蛋出售了嗎?
另一個問題,母雞肚子下那麼多的雞蛋都是它自己下的嗎?還是它別人的蛋也攏過來抱?
抱蛋的母雞叫sitting hen,有意思。烏骨雞叫white silky,看blog,學英文,意外收穫,謝啦。
發表: tiffany | December 17, 2007 03:09 AM
是啊! 不但沒有雞蛋出售, 自己也無法享受農場雞蛋.
母雞一旦開始抱蛋, 便不再生蛋. 這許多蛋都是多管閒事, 將不抱蛋母雞生的蛋攏過來, 一起抱. 蛋太多了, 不一定全抱得出來.
謝謝鼓勵.
發表: 翠軒 | December 17, 2007 08:50 AM